James S. Jones Resume for PDF Download
James S. Jones
450F Lindsay St
Kernersville NC 27284 704-582-3714
Experienced QA / IT Technician looking for a full time position in a QA Manufacturing, Technical IT Support, Network Infrastructure or Management type Position. 20 years computer hardware and software Assembly & Installation and configuration. 12 years’ Quality Assurance Inspection in a circuit board manufacturing environment. 3 years’ in Help Desk Customer Support. 13 months VOIP Customer Support Manager. AA Degree IT Networking and Security Management with recent hands-on experience in VOIP Hardware, Software, VOIP Networking Protocols and Customer UI Web Development. IPC-610 Rev E Certified. Excellent Troubleshooting skills. Proficient in Microsoft applications. VOIP Website administration.
2020Voice April 2013– Present, Charlotte NC
Sr. Customer Support Manager
Provide Engineering and technical support for all VOIP customers
Design new VPBX for new customers via a web user interface
Web User Interface Training and development
Technical Writer VOIP Testing Procedures
Technical support for Yealink SIP-T28P, SIP-T26P, SIP-T20P, Polycomm VOIP phones
DID Porting, Routing, DID procurement
Customer Web Administrator
Responsible for Customer UI Web Site Development Testing and Training
Honeywell Mobility and Scanning Fort Mill SC
Scanner Repair Technician / Cell Lead Sept 2012 – April 2013
Troubleshoot and repair Handheld Barcode Scanners
Assemble and disassemble, Load Device Drivers into memory
Lead Morning production meetings to coordinate daily WIP goals
Trest Consulting Charlotte, NC
Network and/ PC technician (Part time) Feb 2009 – Sept 2012
• Install operating systems on to servers and PC’s, XP, Vista, 7, Linux Red Hat.
• Install network & Cat5 wiring as needed router & patch panel installation.
• Troubleshoot Workstations, Server, VoIP-Gateway hardware issues.
IBM Charlotte, NC
Level Two Call Center Helpdesk Oct 2006 – Oct 2008
• Level one and two support for the USDA Forest Service Employees. Answer 60-80 calls a day. Configure blackberry to users Lotus Notes, sync passwords and email
• Connect Net printers to PC. Update drivers, Troubleshooting network printer hardware, Lotus Notes, internet application and other software issues with a 90% fix ratio.
• Configure Lotus Notes, VPN Password Resets, Database logins and map network drives.
• Report network outages; Install & configure IE and Mozilla web application, Flash & Java.
Scientigo Inc. Charlotte, NC
IT Internship June 2005 – Oct 2006
• Installing VOIP Telephone and Internet Ports to cubicles and offices.
• OS Installations and Repair, Win XP, Vista and Red Hat Fedora Core Linux.
• PC and Server Hardware Maintenance and installation, troubleshooting and upgrade.
• Servers, Switches, Routers Hub Installation and Cat5 wiring.
Titan AP&D Division / Visicom Laboratories San Diego, CA
Senior QA Inspector / Assistant Production Manager Oct 2000 – Dec 2004
IPC-610 Class 2-3 solder, component ID & location inspection for all incoming and outgoing circuit board assemblies. Inspect all incoming raw components for conformity.
Pull parts from stock for new builds, Audit builds
Inspect all incoming and outgoing RMA. Enter Defect or upgrade data for techs
Enter product information for all circuit board inspected and record defects for review
Coordinated new production builds, upgrades and repairs with assembly house
Programmed E-Prom, PLCC, PLD, Components for production, Upgrades and RMA’s
Maintained and created inspection documents for current and new products
ESMI San Diego, CA
IPC-610 Class 3 Q/A Inspector for Titan Linkibit Division Apr 1999- Mar 2000
• IPC-610C Class 3 solder and location inspection for Titan Linkibit products
• Create travelers and paperwork for Titan Source inspector
• Inspect high valued circuit components for defects before assembly
• Kit auditing per documentation for new Titan builds
• IPC 610C Class 1-3 line Inspector for other customer quality and support
Adecco, Temp Service, Contracted to Sony San Diego, CA
QA Inspector for Sony Laptop Computer Division June 1998-Dec 1998
• Q/A cosmetic inspection looking for scratches or broken plastic
• DOS test on computer hardware video, audio, keyboard and mouse pad
• Created new inspection forms for CCA conformance check list
Visicom Laboratories San Diego, CA
Q/A Inspector I-III Plus Kitting Assistant Apr 1994- Oct 1997
• Tracking product circuit boards on the production floor.
• Monthly data gathering and reporting on inspection and test failures on the internal web page.
• Create production traveler in database for all new work orders entering production.
• Responsible for 100% solder and location inspection on all circuit board assemblies,
• Product work order tracking, individual board tracking and creating reject reports by defect.
• Responsible for all inspection and tracking of RMA returns.
• New responsibility in testing incoming SBUS and VME production boards.
• Unix based test software for circuit board functionality test.
• Responsible for duties in kiting assistant position
• Responsible for component preparation on all new production builds.
• Kit auditing before assembly house manufacturing.
• Responsible for programming PLDS, PROM and FLASH components
• Labeling programmed components, creating travelers for work orders.
• Perform 100% solder and location inspection before pre-shipment test.
• Final physical inspection on front panel assembly, screws, nuts and labeling.
ECPI College of Technology Charlotte, NC
AA Degree IT Networking and Security Management Aug 2009
IPC-610 Rev E Class 3 Cert 2012-2014
Black Berry Certification Aug 2007
IPC-610 Rev E Certified August 2012
Skills & Relevant Training:
Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista, windows 7, OS systems. Basic Linux
VOIP Networking Protocols
TCP/IP network color code wiring, routing and switching.
Database User with Oracle, Citrix, MS Access, Lotus Notes, Active Directory.
PC and server maintenance, Repair and Upgrade, OS installation and setup.
Digital and analog circuit board component knowledge,
Bill of Material, Assembly Drawings, Schematics, Electro mechanical assembly procedure. ISO 9000-9001 knowledge. Video and Audio Hardware media devices
Bare board PCB inspection w/ calipers, pin gauges, multi-meters, flat rock measurements.